Health and Safety
A key aspect of our slogan, Guaranteed Uptime, is ensuring that the health and safety standards of all sites in which we are involved are sound. Any risk to the health and safety of mine staff has the potential to result in halted production, which in turn leads to loss of profits.
In order to ensure optimal health and safety standards are followed and met, SPH focuses on the following aspects of harm prevention in particular:
- Hazard identification and injury prevention.
- Establishing a culture and mindset of safety by enabling management to lead by example.
- Regular third party audits to ensure that standards are being upheld.
SPH’s safety system is aligned to the following specifications and regulations:
- OHSAS 18001.
- DMR regulations.
- Specific requirements set out by the client.
Our performance in 2018:
- Fatalities: zero
- Progressive LTI rate: 0.54